Who doesn’t love an exceptional lemon dessert or the BEST lemon Torta Caprese? Especially after a rich meal, a lemon dessert seams to cleanse the palate as well as satisfy that sweet craving. This lemon version of a Classic, Torta Caprese is just as good as the original. (check my recipe out HERE)
This naturally gluten free dessert is a favorite at my house served with fresh blackberries or raspberries and cream. It is sure to win you praise and will have everyone wanting the recipe. I recently adapted it to an even easier recipe by not separating the eggs and adding the whipped whites separately. I found that adding the eggs all at once saved time and had less cleanup! These days where time is valuable, this little change may have you making this dessert more often! (the end result is slightly less fluffy!)
If you prefer to seperate the eggs, just use the yolks in the first mixture and whip the whites separately. You will now fold in 3 different batters into the dry ingredients. Save the whites for last.
Remember we have lots of recipes and videos on our YouTube Channel… Natalina: Bringing homemade back! Subscribe here! Natalina’s cookbook is available on Amazon Canada and Amazon USA! Over 50+ recipes that started my cooking school!
Ciao for now! Natalina
Lemon Torta Caprese (naturally gluten free)
- 125 gm granulated sugar
- 200 gm almond flour
- 3 large eggs
- 100 gm unsalted butter
- 150 gm white chocolate
- 6 gm baking powder
- pinch salt
- 5 ml vanilla extract
- 1 lemon , zested
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 500 ml heavy cream or 35%, whipped & sweetened to taste
- 3 cups blackberries or raspberries
- 1/2 cup approximately, powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. or 180 C. Butter a 2 piece tarte pan and place a piece of parchment cut to fit in the bottom. Butter the parchment.
- Combine almond flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl, set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer with a whisk attachment, add the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Beat on high until all the sugar is dissolved and mixture is light in color, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a small steel bowl that fits snuggly on top of a pot or a double boiler add enough water to the bottom pot and simmer lightly without touching the top bowl or pot. Add the chocolate and butter to the top bowl or pot. Over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate. Stir and remove from the heat.
- Zest the lemon and mix into the dry ingredients. Juice the lemon and mix into the egg/sugar mixture.
- Fold the egg/sugar mixture into the dry ingredients using a spatula. Give the chocolate mixture a stir before folding gently into the batter until no dry ingredients remain.
- Pour the batter in the prepared tarte pan. Tap gently on the counter to remove air bubbles. Place in the pre-heated oven, lower third rack. Bake until golden and set about 35- 45 minutes. Check with a toothpick that it is no longer wet.
- Cool completely in the pan before removing the tarte pan ring. If it sticks, use a bamboo skewer to go around the edge before removing.
- Sprinkle with sifted, powdered sugar. Serve with cream and berries. Always naturally gluten free.